...to the warped world of artist Doug P'gosh! If you've found this little corner of the web, then you're probably familiar with his art. If you've stumbled here on accident, then a word of warning. You won't find pretty paintings of landscapes and flowers or contemporary art that leaves you feeling lost and yearning for a phd in art studies to help you understand what you're looking at. If you like it cold, bold and in your face, then you've come to the right place, Ace! (Sorry, couldn't resist the aliteration!) This is the home of classic monsters, tikis, ol' skool tattoos, pin-up girls, hot rods and more. From fully painted gallery pieces to graphic work for t-shirts, you'll find it here.
So pop open a cold one, get a bag a chips, and prepare to be artistically enlightened- or at least mildly entertained. Dig around and check out Doug's history, influences, archives of his work, latest creations and most importantly, how you can give him some bucks so you can have your very own P'gosh original hang on your wall or tattooed to your behind!
One other thing- this site is under construction. The paint is still wet and all of the rooms ain't open- yet. But you gotta start somewhere. Come back often to see what's new.
Doug's work has been featured at galleries and shows including:
- La Luz De Jesus Gallery, Laluzapalooza group show, Hollywood, Ca.
- Hot Rod Art Show, Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend, Las Vegas, NV
- The Tattoo Gallery, Group Shows, Chicago, IL
- Chin Tiki, Holiday group show, Detroit, MI
- Kollective Gallery, Group Show, Cleveland, OH
- Maximum Tattoo Gallery, Group Show, Deerfield, IL
- 504 Rock art Circus, New Orleans
- Visions of Oz, Heritage Square Museum, L.A.
- V for Vampyra, group show, L.A.
And appeared in magazines including:
- Car Culture Deluxe
- International Tattoo Art
- Ol' Skool Rodz
- The Spider cover art for Moonstone
- Horrorshow Magazine
- Kustom magazine (France)